Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sushi Boat

A great way to eat sushi (in Japan or elsewhere) is at a Sushi Boat restaurant. "Sushi Boat" is the term that Michael and I use to refer to sushi on a conveyor belt places. I'm pretty sure there is a restaurant like that in San Francisco named Sushi Boat and that's where we picked up the name. Anyway - they are pretty fun. You sit at a bar, and the little conveyor belt runs in front of you with different kinds of sushi and other foods.


The food is not always sushi - below you can see some fried tofu, and this particular restaurant also had juice boxes (I'd never seen that before). You can take anything you like off the conveyor belt, or you can place special orders with the sushi chefs behind the counter. Your bill is then determined by the color and number of your plates. For example, yellow plates might mean 180 JPY, and pink plates mean 200 JPY.

You can tell how much a person has eaten by the size of their plate stack. I am constantly amazed by how much people can eat at the Sushi Boat. Just for fun, I decided to document my plate stack!

So maybe those aren't all my plates...

1 comment:

david1082 said...

As a champion sumo wrestler, that would be a mild afternoon snack for me.