Friday, June 5, 2009

Shimoda

Last weekend I went with a group of people from my office to my co-worker's beach house in Shimoda. A little over 2 hours outside of Tokyo, Shimoda is best known for being the port that was first opened to foreigners in 1854. True to it's history, there are a lot of expats who have second homes or have retired in Shimoda. It is ideally located near a warm current, so it enjoys semi-tropical temperatures. It was raining and cool when I left Tokyo, but arrived to sunny and warm weather.

Here are the "grounds." Yes, that is a hammock and a guest house you see. This is the way to live!


The amazing view to the ocean (and he has a dog - so fun!).


The only downside to this weekend were the bugs - I ended up with a nasty group of bites on my ankle that took several days to heal. Ick!
Where was Michael, you ask? Working, of course! I left early Saturday morning, and still got home before him on Sunday. Hopefully this project slows down soon.

No comments: