Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back DownTown, and other news

Michael and I just got back from a whirlwind trip to the States. It was great to see so many friends and family members on such a short trip. I spent a few days in Atlanta with Jen (and Joseph, the world's happiest baby), then flew up to Indiana to stay with my parents and see my grandma, and finally met up with Michael, Michael's family and more friends in Traverse City for Taylor and Todd's wedding.


Can I just say, that it was amazing to have the 7B girls together again. We all lived in the same dorm section at Notre Dame, and every time we get together things just click into place.


As you can tell, Taylor was a gorgeous bride. The wedding was beautiful, and we all had a great time. Leaving was hard.

One final point:

Thank goodness for international supplementary health insurance. I got something lodged in my eye on Saturday night, and ended up in the Cadillac emergency room on Sunday night to have it removed. (Let me tell you - one of the scariest medical procedures ever. Imagine the doctor saying, "Just hold your eye still while I get that speck out with this NEEDLE.")

We have National Health Care coverage in Japan, but decided to carry international supplementary insurance also - which just saved us a boatload of money. I would NOT want to be stuck paying for an ER visit in the US out of pocket!

No comments: