We've mentioned before that things here tend to be small. Like the mini sofa. Unfortunately, chips and salsa, the one thing that we are capable of consuming enormous amounts of, are also mini-sized. First of all, you have to order the chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants - they don't just magically arrive like in the States. Secondly, they are served in portions that would satisfy only the daintiest of eaters.
I actually think that this picture is a bit misleading because you can see Michael's plate in the background that looks like it might be part of the chip bowl - it's not. There were probably 10 chips in that little bowl (maximum). We took this picture before eating anything, so this is the entire serving. Oh yeah, and the thing cost us 450 JPY (about $4.50).
This post is dedicated to our dear friends, Taylor and Todd - true chips and salsa connoisseurs.

3 comments:
Note to self: must bring chips & salsa to Japan for you! :)
I'm definitely bringing ya'll a big-ass bag of my favorite tortilla chips. I can even make the salsa when I'm there. Are jalapeƱos sold at the supermarket?
Alberto - you're on. I think I can find jalapenos here....
Post a Comment