Monday, September 28, 2009

Silver Week - Okayama

After biking, we headed back to Okayama. That night, we walked down to the Okayama-jo (the local castle) to take pictures with the night lighting.
Here's the Okayama-jo in the daylight.

Okayama has a famous garden, which we visited on day 2.


This is one of only a few places in Japan where I have seen food on sale to feed the koi. These kids were having a blast - and attracting every koi from pretty much the whole garden.

Other living creatures in the garden were this little crustaceans. At first I noticed the patterns on the dirt bottom of the pond - and I thought those little beanies were seeds or something - then I saw them move! My best guess is that they are little snails or something.


To capture the wildlife, this guy brought along his camo camera cover. I think it worked......

No comments: