Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Silver Week - More Quirky Japan Stuff

It turns out, it's not just Tokyo that is full of funny, culture-shocky stuff. Here's a collection of the stuff we saw over Silver Week that we just had to share.
This guy was actually a little sad - he was carrying around this bag of stuffed animals and photographing them with all the sights. They were his little buddies....
Amazing public service sign in the train station (you can click it to make it bigger). The very best line is on the top: "When I think of it, I've never tossed a butt in front of my own house."

Japanese fashion! There is nothing like the English t-shirts in Japan. In this instance, I am choosing to believe that she doesn't understand what this means....

Perhaps the best Jap-lish to date. Not only are they Men's Disposable Panties (found in the 100 Yen shop), but they offer inspiration for their wearer -

"We're just a heart beat away. One touch could make it happen. We can reach the other side if we hold on to the passion."

OK - now I feel a little dirty.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You know, you could really make a killing with english language t-shirts... and think how much fun you'd have selling them to unsuspecting people!

oh, and I think the guy w/ the stuffed animals was doing it for his kids... have you seen those traveling animals in school and stuff?

Teresa said...

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that guy's only companions are those stuffed animals. We spent quite a while watching him....he treated them very tenderly, and his sole activity was finding places around the garden to photograph them.