Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh! India

Location: Kichijogi

Cuisine: Indian/Japanese Fusion

Monisha took me and Heather to this restaurant in Kichijogi, just a few steps away from the train station. It is a hole in the wall with seating down one side and an open kitchen on the other. There is a waiting area outside, which was occupied the whole time we were there. The food is Indian/Japanese fusion with a simple menu offering choices of curry and “hot/mix/mild” spice. We all got the veggie curry, which came in a shallow bowl with Japanese rice, lightly deep fried (if such a thing exists) veggies and curry sauce. The veggies were mixed, including sweet potato, pumpkin, carrots, lotus root and Japanese radish. The curry was great, but the star of the dish was definitely the veggies, which are dunked in super hot oil for a few seconds, which leaves them cooked but retains their fresh flavor. I’ll definitely be coming back here, as I am convinced that Michael will love it even more than I do.

No comments: