Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hakone Day 1

I'm back-tracking a little to catch up on posts from when my mom was here. Michael met up with us in Hakone last Friday, and we took the "circuit." This is Ma and I in the little cutout at the ropeway - it says something along the lines of "Ropeway - I like riding it!"
We introduced Mama to the black eggs of Owakudani (click here or here for pictures from our first visit there).



The fall colors were, yet again, beautiful.

We took a boat over to Motohakone, and visited the shrine there.

As luck would have it, there was a wedding going on at the shrine, and they decided that Mom (being the sole blondie there) should be in a few pictures. She was, of course, mortified, but complied. Here she is with the groom, bride, and a bridesmaid.

I did the traditional exchange of business cards with the groom's parents so that we can send our pictures to them. It turns out that their meishi doesn't have an email address, so I will have to get some print outs and send them.


No comments: